Monday, November 7, 2011

Sodapop

*Athour Notes: This a character from the Novel "Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. Sodapop is the older brother of PonyBoy and younger brother of Darry. He is always trying to calm the fights between the two, but frustration raises as everyday of having to take sides. I want people to understand why Sodapop is the way he is.*





Being the role model for your younger brother isn’t easy, watching our older blow his gasket at him is even harder. Darry is always yelling at our younger brother, Ponyboy about how he never uses his head. But obviously he does if he is receiving A’s and B’s and had jumped up another grade higher than he truly is. Looking at the three of us, we don’t look much alike. I have strange gray blue eyes that attract all the girl Socs and all, long blond hair that I grease back every morning before heading out to the auto shop to fix up all the cars. After Darry dropped out and our parents passed away, school got harder and harder. I couldn’t keep my grades up, except for my auto body class. Dropping out seemed like the best thing for me because, knowing my future before it happens gives me the power to do so. Being the peacemaker of the family is also hard. Darry is always sore and fatigued after both jobs. While the gang is getting into more trouble and Jonny boy is now Johnny boy was just beaten and left for death, which would have been a gift for his family life. My family life is the complete opposite of Johnny’s, he has two parents that are always biting the other’s head off or when the other leaves Johnny is left to be beaten. Poor boy. On my side, I have Darry and Ponyboy to love me, unlike Johnny. Soon, later on, when Pony is out of school, I plan on purposing to my beautiful girlfriend. I believe that we will love each other forever. But who knows how my life has already taken unknown turns that no one was ever prepared for, such as Darry actually laying a finger on his baby brother or Ponyboy running away with Johnny. If my future goes the way I plan it, I will have my beautiful girlfriend as my wife and many children running around with my stunning good looks.

1 comment: