Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tell Tale hearts

The eye was as pale as snow, seeing nothing but evil. Just one look from the eye turned you into a lunatic. Images of the eye falling off the old man filled my mind. Scooping it out and burning it under the kettle that warms of home. People always comment that I’m crazy for murdering the elderly man because of his evil eye. But if I could detect the true evil from the giddy old man, that eye would be the holder of all his sins. In the short story, “Tell Tale Hearts” by Edger Allan Poe, explains my story. How sane I truly am, by the way I kill the elderly man and then calmly admit from all the guilt. Am I sane?
There he was, sitting in the corner staring at me. The small smile formed on his face as he explained his day in detail. I can’t focus of the words coming out of his mouth, but the glass eye full of pure evil and madness. The way it roamed the room, not stopping on anything in particular. That’s the moment I knew exactly when I was going to kill him. The way of killing him has already been planned as I watched him sleep for the pasted week. Spending an hour a night just to walk into his room, I knew the deed had to be done, I have been walking into his room for the pasted seven nights, I know I can do this. The creak of the door suddenly took me off guard as I ran and hid behind it. The man was awake; his heart beat gave him away. It beat faster than a Mexican song. Making move didn’t take much thought, the only thing on my mind was that evil eye will not ruin my life. With lightening speed, I ran into the room and flipped his mattress over and watched as the fabric slowly suffocated him. A grin formed on my face as the evil eye disappeared under his lid, as the eyes disappeared the heart beat became silent. Taking his body, I sliced up all his limbs, including his head. But using my sane mind, all the blood drained into the bathtub to vanish into the pipes.
Just as Ed Gein, the 1906, the young man was convicted of killing two young women. He sliced off all their limbs and hid them in his house. The police found parts of the women around his house. He felt guilty and explained about random voices. This man was insane and yet, he thought he was sane. This man in the short story, “Tell Tale Hearts”, the man who killed the elderly man didn’t feel guilty and then he heard the dead heartbeat of the man. Yes, this man is insane, and he will pay for what he had done to the elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment