Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Hungery Mad Hatter

Her pale blue eyes scanned the whole table as the last of my guests have finally arrived. Just sitting in the enclosed space, the tension was so thick that not even the sharpest knife could cut through it. Alice felt it too, the way her cheeks redden from the stares of my curious guests. Not one person has ever seen a young girl such as Alice before, her eyes sparkled, and lips were full and plump, as her small framed move to sip the steamy, brown liquid swishing inside the tea cup. My other guests finally began reminiscing among themselves, leaving Alice to herself.
The crunching of one of my guest’s glasses broke my concentration, gluing my eyes to the insolent male, who was already chewing his glass before I have even had mine. A sharp glare formed between our eye contact, then just as the noise brought my attention, sun began to shin into the garden. Forming millions of colors to shine down on Alice, her skin glowed as the florescent colors of the tea cups themselves.
Without even thinking I pounced over the tabled on top of petite girl. Her chair flipped backwards on to the ground and the girl’s head snapped hard on to the ground. But I couldn’t concentrate on that, she looked so delicious. She looked so vulnerable, as tears soaked her puffy cheeks. Leaning forwards, I slid my tongue from the corner of her eyes to the edge of her mouth. Broken sobs left her throat in a painfully, causing her to gasp for a proper breath.
The flavor of salt exploded all over my mouth, making me to want to vomit. The horrid taste brought me back to my senses. I dropped my head down to the fragile girl lying under me. Alice’s eyes were red and swollen from the tears of fears. I slowly climbed off the ground, sweeping off all the dirt that gathered on my trousers and ruffled top. I turned my head to all my guests, who were talking among themselves. No person or creature noticed my violent episode. The sound of shuffling disrupted my train of thought. I turned ever so slowly to see golden locks flowing through the tree of my gorgeous garden, off went the magical girl of glass.

1 comment:

  1. This is so disturbing, but in a great way! Writing the Hatter's internal thoughts was a very effective way to emphasize his madness. I like the word choice, in the "plump" lips and "crunching" sounds. It really leads up to the near cannibalistic attack. Good job!

    ReplyDelete