Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fear...

*Author Note- During breakfast at my aunt's house on Christmas day, an event terrified the whole family and left my baby cousin terrified. I want you read and discover the fear and pain my family felt as this event occurred.*



Fear coursed through my family's veins as we heard the strangled coughs of my two year old cousin. The family froze as the color of his face change from normal to beet red. The choking was a sickly piercing through butter. I stared from my spot at the breakfast table being blocked by my mother. My older cousin and my aunt crowded around the high chair as Camren's coughs began to turn into choking. Fear grew as his mom pulled a tiny chunk out of his throat. Just seeing that tiny piece of bacon, made my family and I so relieved. If Kristol wouldn't have pulled the bacon out, Camren wouldn't be with us today.

1 comment:

  1. Strong figurative language truly captured the fear of the moment. Glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete