Monday, January 23, 2012

Sudden Change

*Author Note- This is a creative piece I wrote from one of three sentences. I want to score high for voice.*

Worst day ever, not only did my baby sister find her way into my school bag and destroy all contents that were my homework. But also, my twin took our car before I could get ready for school, and it was raining. Luke is going to pay. Walking is the worse! With it pouring ice drop soaking through your shirt within seconds. At least I keep extra clothes in my locker. My hair clung to my face as the gusts of wind accelerated.

Every time a car zoomed past me, I would get drenched for the puddles next to the street. I bet they’re laughing at me right now. Groaning, I continued stomping towards the school. Finally when I reached school, I was already late for first period. Sighing I stalked to my locker, avoiding all the bystanders. I couldn’t deal with them, especially when I was already chilled to the bone.

As I was getting my extra clothes from my locker, I felt someone staring at me. Turning around, my breath caught as I saw him standing there, eyes sparking with curiosity. My face heated up as we made eye contact. Not only was the hottest guy is school staring at me, but he was probably texting everyone else about the dork who couldn’t drive herself to school and had to walk.

At once, something warm wrapped around my shoulders. I spun around, only to slap my face into his chest. I looked up to the sparkling blue eyes, rough jaw line, and perfect nose, just staring at him made my heart stop.

“I just thought you would be cold.” He mumbled, his manly face as red as a tomato. I smiled and zipped the sweatshirt up. Warm enveloped me as he walked me to our next class.

Turns out when you’re having a horrible day, just think something will happen and sometimes it really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment