Tuesday, December 6, 2011

POV Essay

Crash! The sound filled me ears. I should have known leaving them alone in their room wouldn’t end well. I sighed and walked up the stair slowly. As I ascended up the stairs, I heard my twin saying “You know when Jen sees this you guys are dead” then “Don’t do that!” Another thud.

Great I thought. I walked down the hall to the source of the noise. The door was open slightly as I approached. Reluctantly, I pushed the door open, revealing Luke on the floor with my two five year old brothers. They were twins and sadly they were identical. Except Jace had one small piece of hair that was white, otherwise they were the exact same.

Our family consists of two parents and seven kids. Luke is the oldest at 16 with me. Then there’s Jill who just turned 13, Tommy at the age of ten, the twins Jace and Jack who are five, and little Molly who was born a few months ago. We all shared our father’s ocean blue eyes and our mother’s raven black hair. Aside from that we all had different facial structures, besides the five years trouble makers.

“Jennie! Jennie! “ They chanted and ran over to me. I noticed that this wasn’t their room. I picked Jace up and looked down at Luke who looked like he just passed out. “Look what Luke did!” they pointed around the room to show the damage. The curtain was half way hanging off the window, the lamp shade was torn, and something wet was sprayed all over the floor and walls.

They bring the most trouble out of all the kids. Luke started to sit up looking around. “Devil spawn.” He grumbled, rubbing his head. I smirked and played along with the kids.

“Wow! Luke what did you do to your room!?” I faked shock. “You know it’s my turn to be in charge and you had to destroy your room. I made fresh cookies too…” I trailed off. Luke’s face was priceless, his mouth was resting on the floor.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Luke stammered.

“Yeah you made cookies and didn’t tell us.” Jack said sounding hurt. I knelt down in front of him.

I looked straight into his blue eyes, “come one Jackie, your brother and I will go get cookies while Luke cleans up his mess.” I grinned and picked him up as well.

“You have to be kidding me!” Luke screamed as I slammed his door.

When we reached the kitchen I sat Jack and Jace on the counter as I got glasses for milk out.

“Jennie?” Jack asked hesitantly. “Can we invite Blaze over?” he asked with more voice.

Blaze was their friend from kindergarten; he also had an older brother in my class. Who was hot. But he didn’t know I existed.

I turned from the fridge, with a gallon of milk in my hand. “Sure why not.” I shrugged my shoulder while pouring the two small glasses. As I was putting the milk away I heard the doorbell ring. Both Jack and Jace’s faces paled.

“Stay” I pointed to both of them and walked to the front door. I opened it, showing Parker and his little brother Blaze. What are they doing here? I just told the twins they could have him over, did they bug our house? “Um, hey.” I blushed, my cheeks probably as red as cherries.

“Hi, um. Laura? Isn’t it?” He asked looking at me.
Oh he’s so wonderful, but he doesn’t even know I exist. I thought. “No, it’s Jennie. What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

Parker looked down at his little brother. “Play date?” He asked again.
I turned to see the two boys tip toeing away from behind me, almost getting away. “Halt!” I commanded. “Did you guys invite your friend before you asked?” They looked terrified.

“Um… I…” Jack started.

“Yes” Jace finished. He was always the straight forward one.

I sighed. “Next time, please ask me before you invite, alright?” I asked nicely.

“Okay!” they cheered and a ran up the stairs with Blaze close behind. I smiled and turned back to the door. “Sorry about that, I should have called and double checked.” He said.

“No, it’s fine. Would you like to in and see what they to Luke’s room?” I laughed remembering the mess.

He shrugged, “sure why not.” He walked in and I closed the door behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment